Re: Upgrade Mesa to latest Mesa-CVS?

Hans de Goede wrote:
Adam Jackson <ajackson <at> redhat.com> writes:
Requires moderately non-trivial fixes to the X server build system too, which is why I haven't done it yet. Probably should do though. I just hate to be in a situation where we're shipping CVS bits in FC6; I keep hoping Mesa will hurry up and release a 6.5.1 already.

Anything I can do to help? Are you really planning on updating mesa for
FC-6, or would it be worth my time to see if I can isolate a few
important r300 fixes and backport those?

Planning a backport, yes. There are apparently enough Intel and <=R200 issues fixed in CVS that it should just be done whole. Hopefully 6.5.1 happens Really Freaking Soon so I don't have to ship CVS bits in FC6.

That said, if updated srpms for mesa and xorg-x11-server were to magically appear in Bugzilla for me, I certainly wouldn't object ;)

- ajax