Re: Prevent packages from switching from repo to repo

On 8/6/06, Benjy Grogan <benjy grogan gmail com> wrote:
Seems like that's almost always unwanted behaviour.
Depends on your personal preferences.  I doubt we could agree that
'most' people would prefer the audacity package from Extras over the
audacity package from livna which includes the mp3 support for
example.

Is there
a way of avoiding these situations with yum, and then in turn possibly
with Pup?

Clever users can craft yum repository configuration files with
explicit  exclude and includepkgs lines which narrowly target such
situations as their personal situation demands.  But then again a
detail discussion of such situational configuration is best hashed
over in a non development list.

-jef"dark cholocate m&m's are back!!!!!!!!!"spaleta