Announcing Fedora Core 6 Test 2 (5.91)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 7 14:30:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 10:05 -0400, Jay Lee wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > * Ability to install from additional yum repositories during anaconda
> > installations and kickstarts.
>
> Does this mean I'll be able to simply point Anaconda to an updates
> repository and immediately install the very latest updates without ever
> having installed the old rpms?

Yep -- although for FC6 final, it'll require knowing and inputting the
repository info manually[1].  In the future, I want to look into ways of
pulling this sort of information and having a pre-populated list of
things such as updates and extras to be able to just select.

Jeremy

[1] Well, or via kickstart