Re: Announcing Fedora Core 6 Test 2 (5.91)

Jeremy Katz writes:
> On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 10:05 -0400, Jay Lee wrote:
> > Jesse Keating wrote:
> > > * Ability to install from additional yum repositories during anaconda
> > > installations and kickstarts.
> >
> > Does this mean I'll be able to simply point Anaconda to an updates
> > repository and immediately install the very latest updates without ever
> > having installed the old rpms?
>
> Yep -- although for FC6 final, it'll require knowing and inputting the
> repository info manually[1].  In the future, I want to look into ways of
> pulling this sort of information and having a pre-populated list of
> things such as updates and extras to be able to just select.

How completely cool!

Do I understand correctly that this could also be a mechanism for Fedora
spin-offs like Planet CCRMA and my (now dormant) Speakup Modified?

In fact, it seems that this moves Fedora toward a more networked
installation option, though there would still be media where reliable
connectivity is lacking. Sounds to me like having your cake and eating
it, too. Very cool indeed.

Janina