EXTRAVERSION ignores "-" when making kernel from src.rpm

Is there a way to get the "-" included as part of the EXTRAVERSION field when making a Fedora kernel? If I change EXTRAVERSION = -foo in the master Makefile, I end up with an rpm named kernel-2.6.15foo. I've tried escaping the dash, double-quoting the entire EXTRAVERSION field, and manually setting KERNELVERSION = 2.6.15-foo, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks,
Jay