Possibly OT : build deps for extras package depending on core packages

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Aug 9 10:13:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:17:03 +0100, Paul wrote:

> I've just posted to the FE list that the current rawhide update of
> gtksourceview includes boo.lang. Is there any way when the buildsys
> generates a daily rawhide update list, that packages in extras that
> depend explicitly on core packages are also checked to see if they break
> anything?
>
> It would certainly help us lil' ol' FE maintainers!

It won't be caught. An automated check of file conflicts is not done.
Dependency checks don't catch file conflicts.

It would be possible quite easily to check for potential conflicts. But
the results would contain several false positives, and in order to filter
them out with the help of checksum checks, access to a local Core+Extras
file:// repository would be needed.