Re: aug 9th boot.iso kernel panic

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 14:38:58 -0400, David Jones wrote:

Indeed.  Also, handy tricks to try..
1. boot with vga=1 to get more lines of text onscreen
2. When you get the garbage, flip to the other tty's, where you may find the oops in english :)

If you have a digital camera, attaching a jpg of the oops to bugzilla is fine.

I forgot to include that the system is locked at that point. When the blue screen with the garbage is showing I can't flip to the other ttys. The only key combo that works at that point is Ctrl-Alt-Del which switches me to the black screen and the info I posted and put in bugzilla.

Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera. I am a little behind the times.

Thanks,