Re: Config dialog on every login?

Small add-on:

Joachim Selke schrieb:

I think it's a bad idea at all to start a user program on every login by
default.

I (as the maintainer of mail-notification) agree with that in general. That's why I mailed the author of mail-notification and discussed the issue with him. He didn't want to change the behavior AFAICS.

I'm willing to apply patches to mail-notification that modify the behavior so the dialog comes up only once (or even never). But I don't know C enough to do it myself. And I strongly believe that it should be fixed upstream and not only in Fedora Extras.

But I chose to *not remove* the autostart file (as Joachim suggested) because that would make it a lot harder for people to make sure mail-notification gets started on every log-in.

CU
thl