Re: rawhide report: 20060810 changes

buildsys redhat com wrote:
* Wed Aug 09 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson redhat com> 1.6.4-1.fc6
- Admit defeat, kinda.  Package both i810 stable and modesetting drivers.
  The modesetting driver is installed as intel_drv.so instead of i810_drv.so,
  and is selected with Driver "intel" in xorg.conf.  Individual devices will
  whitelist over to "intel" until that branch gets merged into head.
- Update the stable branch driver to 1.6.4 from upstream, adds i965 support.
- intel-945gm-lfp-blacklist.patch: Blacklist LFP detection on machines where
  the BIOS is known to lie.

Just wanted to highlight this one. If you've got Intel graphics and want to test (or run!) the modesetting driver, switch to Driver "intel" in xorg.conf.

If you do so, PLEASE send me success stories in bugzilla (filed against xorg-x11-drv-i810 will get them to me), preferably complete with X log so I can start whitelisting devices over to the new driver. It's really important to get this tested, since I expect 1.7 of the i810 driver to have the modesetting branch merged; unfortunately it doesn't look like that will happen before FC6, so this was the best I could do.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, keep it coming.

- ajax