rawhide report: 20060810 changes

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 14:18:47 UTC 2006

buildsys at redhat.com wrote:
> * Wed Aug 09 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> 1.6.4-1.fc6
> - Admit defeat, kinda.  Package both i810 stable and modesetting drivers.
>   The modesetting driver is installed as intel_drv.so instead of i810_drv.so,
>   and is selected with Driver "intel" in xorg.conf.  Individual devices will
>   whitelist over to "intel" until that branch gets merged into head.
> - Update the stable branch driver to 1.6.4 from upstream, adds i965 support.
> - intel-945gm-lfp-blacklist.patch: Blacklist LFP detection on machines where
>   the BIOS is known to lie.

Just wanted to highlight this one.  If you've got Intel graphics and
want to test (or run!) the modesetting driver, switch to Driver "intel"
in xorg.conf.

If you do so, PLEASE send me success stories in bugzilla (filed against
xorg-x11-drv-i810 will get them to me), preferably complete with X log
so I can start whitelisting devices over to the new driver.  It's really
important to get this tested, since I expect 1.7 of the i810 driver to
have the modesetting branch merged; unfortunately it doesn't look like
that will happen before FC6, so this was the best I could do.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, keep it coming.

- ajax