Dependencies a little excessive?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Aug 10 15:33:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 11:04:18AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > > That depends whether that's a shell glob or a regexp :)
> > The pattern is already defined as being a shell glob.
> > Seth, gimmie a hint. What's the issue you're worried about here? :)
> I'm worried about someone legitimately wanting to install both arches
> being stymied by this "feature".

Stymied, or required to do a bit of extra typing? 'Cause I'm pretty sure the
case where you want to install both archs *should* be the one where extra
typing is required. So, "yum install foo.*" (shades of DOS). Or, if it needs
to be "yum install foo.x86_64 foo.i386" (or "foo foo.i386"), is that really
so bad?