Re: Wither Bling?

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Thomas J. Baker (tjb unh edu) said:
So what's the thinking on fc6 bling? Why was composite compiled out of
metacity as opposed to just using the gconf key? Is it going to be
compiz for bling and metacity for no bling? (That's a sad christmas for
me because compiz is too buggy compared to metacity on my ATI R250
laptop).

Yes, that's the plan going forward.

why?
I is there any reason to turn it off? if someone wants it it can be enabled using gconf (off by default), so why isn't it compiled in?
Bill