Re: some closure on the xorg updates issue

Rahul wrote:
Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Max Spevack wrote:
4) The number of Fedora users who, due to the hardware that they own, are forced to rely on proprietary video drivers is significant enough for us to be concerned about breaking their systems.
Isn't this one of the beautiful things of RPM, which can have Conflicts set so user's systems will not be broken be an automatic (unattended?), or manual yum update? Do we not expect Fedora users to be savvy enough to get the dependency error, Google around a bit, and yum --exclude=xorg update?

Thats a very poor user experience.

Rahul

I'm sorry, but when translated, this either sounds offensive in means you find my opinion a very poor user experience, or it means user's that would encounter the above would experience it as poorly...

Kind regards,

-kanarip

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen, LPIC-1, MCP