Re: Wither Bling?

Thomas J. Baker wrote:
So if I have to rebuild metacity myself, how do I re-enable compositing?
I looked at the spec and I can't see where it explicitly disables it and
the configure script seems to assume that it's on (only
--disable-composite seems to be valid.)
No, it is disabled by default in upstream metacity. To turn it on pass --enable-compositor (note -tor, not -te). You will need the libcm library as well, either checked out of GNOME cvs or the tarball from the last bling-build of metacity. The last tarball is also available here:

   http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/libcm-0.0.22.tar.gz

Soren