Wither Bling?

dragoran dragoran at feuerpokemon.de
Fri Aug 11 15:18:07 UTC 2006

Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> dragoran wrote:
>>> No, it is disabled by default in upstream metacity.
>> reason?
> Well, for a long while it required a bleeding edge X server and
> libraries (in some cases a *patched* X server) to work, so it would
> only have worked for people willing to compile their own X server.
> That's why it wasn't compiled in by default.
>
> And now compiz is considered the way forward ...
>

> Soren

so this means that work on it will stop? or will it return in gnome 2.18?
fedora already has the required X server + libs so why can't it be left
enabled in FC6 (disabled in gconf) ? if someone wants to use it  he/she
can enable it  but know we have to recompile metacity (and this can't be
done in extras because it would replace a core package)