some closure on the xorg updates issue

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Aug 11 15:36:59 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Oisin Feeley <oisin.feeley at gmail.com> said:
> Anyway, this is all hot air if the decision is already made, but it's not
> very impressive that /my/ user experience of "yum upgrade xorg" to get
> better free software is being sacrificed so that someone else's non-free
> software is left where it is.

If every good upstream change had to be released to the current version,
then Fedora _would_ be the rolling beta some try to paint it as.
There's a point to have releases separate from rawhide.

I'd rather have developers spending time working on the next release
(especially after we've already reached the point of test releases) than
spending time trying to make major updates to previous releases.
There's always going to be some major upstream release after a Fedora
release; that's why there's always a Fedora release "just around the
corner".

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>