some closure on the xorg updates issue

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Fri Aug 11 16:35:04 UTC 2006

Dnia 11-08-2006, pią o godzinie 12:22 -0400, Max Spevack napisał(a):
> + We're also not saying that there will never be another xorg update for
> fc5.  We're just not doing one *right now*.
Can't it go to updates-testing for now, to see if it really fixes
anything for anyone willing to test? We have packages in updates-testing
that don't go to updates for months anyhow [my favorite for FC5 is of
course cdrecord, but that's OT :)].

This way more people from the community will test it with proprietary
drivers, too. NVIDIA is rumored to be releasing their driver this month,
I'll be happy to test their progress on my FC5.

Lam