Re: Feedback on Java applet functionality?

Louis Garcia II wrote:
Hi

I was expecting to some comments on whether this feature works well in
Fedora Core 6 test 2 and the current development tree. Anyone tried it
out with the applets in the wild?

Rahul

When I visited a page with an applet it froze firefox. I looked in the logs and saw this:

Aug 11 15:13:55 soncomputer kernel: audit(1155323634.469:38): avc:  denied  { execmem } for  pid=3198 comm="gappletviewer" scontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0 tcontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0 tclass=process

What component does this fall under? Should it be selinux?

Yes. Please file a bug report against SELinux. GCJ applet viewer probably should be fixed in the future to not require execmem permissions but meanwhile the SELinux targeted policy can be modified to allow this.

You can do setsebool -P allow_execmom=1 and see if you are able to workaround this for now.

More details on what this means at http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/6117.html

Rahul