rawhide report: 20060811 changes

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sun Aug 13 01:51:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 15:14 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
> No it's very useful to C++ developpers. Unlike C, there are important
> changes between g++ 3.x and g++ 4, some that sometimes require massive
> rewrites. I think this belongs in Core, as a replacement to compat-gcc-32.

Err, I've patched up (with lots of help from #fedora-extras and
google...) a pretty good number of C++ applications and libraries to
compile with gcc 4.1, and it consists mainly of a lot of minor syntax
tweaks, mostly to the way classes are defined. Nothing I would classify
as anywhere near a "massive rewrite", though you may know something I
don't...