Re: rawhide report: 20060811 changes

Callum Lerwick wrote:
On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 15:14 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:

No it's very useful to C++ developpers. Unlike C, there are important changes between g++ 3.x and g++ 4, some that sometimes require massive rewrites. I think this belongs in Core, as a replacement to compat-gcc-32.

Err, I've patched up (with lots of help from #fedora-extras and
google...) a pretty good number of C++ applications and libraries to
compile with gcc 4.1, and it consists mainly of a lot of minor syntax
tweaks, mostly to the way classes are defined. Nothing I would classify
as anywhere near a "massive rewrite", though you may know something I
don't...

No it's correct the most dramatic changes happened in the 3.2 -> 3.4 transition.