evolution crashes

Mon Aug 14 12:34:34 UTC 2006

Caolan McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 14:20 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:
>
>> Erwin Rol wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Is anybody else seeing random evolution crashes ? I can't use
>>> evolution for more than a minute or so and than it crashes. This is on
>>> x86_64 with the latest rawhide packages.
>>>
>> Trying to run evolution in gdb has a weird effect. As soon as the error
>> happens the bugbuddy takes over and kills evolution and gdb, and it is
>> not possible to do any debugging at all. Is there a way to disable that
>> behavior?
>>

> I think this will work...
>
> gdb evolution
> (gdb) run --disable-crash-dialog

That does disable the bugbuddy dialog but evolution still directly exits
after the error as if it wasn't invoked with gdb ;

[erwin at xpc Desktop]$ gdb evolution-2.8
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.5-3.fc6rh)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host
libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run --disable-crash-dialog
Starting program: /usr/bin/evolution-2.8 --disable-crash-dialog
[New Thread 46912499101776 (LWP 15430)]
CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...

(evolution-2.8:15430): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called
with NULL parameter.
[New Thread 1084229952 (LWP 15438)]
[New Thread 1094719808 (LWP 15439)]
[Thread 1094719808 (LWP 15439) exited]
[New Thread 1105209664 (LWP 15440)]
libnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.
  (org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown) The name
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files
[New Thread 1115699520 (LWP 15442)]
[New Thread 1094719808 (LWP 15441)]
[New Thread 1126189376 (LWP 15443)]
[Thread 1126189376 (LWP 15443) exited]
[New Thread 1126189376 (LWP 15446)]
[New Thread 1136679232 (LWP 15449)]
BBDB spinning up...
bbdb: Buddy list has changed since last sync.
[New Thread 1147169088 (LWP 15455)]
[New Thread 1147435328 (LWP 15458)]
bbdb: Synchronizing buddy list to contacts...
bbdb: Done syncing buddy list to contacts.
[New Thread 1157925184 (LWP 15463)]
[Thread 1157925184 (LWP 15463) exited]
adding certinfo Marcus Better <marcus at better.se>
adding certinfo Marcus Better <marcus at better.se>