slow nfs client with current rawhide

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Aug 14 22:16:44 UTC 2006

Louis Garcia II wrote:
> I have an FC4 nfs server and recently current rawhide is soo slow
> transfering files from it. Anyone having similar problems?
>
> -Louis

I just noticed things seeming to hang trying to access nfs automounted
directories.  Never waited long enough, but it was just doing a simple
stat() call:

stat64("/opt/local/bin/backup",  <unfinished ...>
[root at sombrero ~]# ls /opt/local/bin
ls: /opt/local/bin: Interrupted system call

(ctrl-c out of the ls command)

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                  303-415-9701 x222
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com