Re: SSHd

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
Hello,

Why does FC ship openssh with sshd allowing root logins? And are there
any plans to preempt the now routine sshd weak password hunting bots?

Arthur Pemberton

I am +1 on the idea of fixing this in the shipped configuration (disallow root logins). the way I've gotten rid of the bots is to run a script called "denyhosts" that does a good job of things once configured by blocking any host that fails a login 3 times in a row. it's slick :)