Re: SSHd

On 8/21/06, Patrice Dumas <pertusus free fr> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 10:11:32PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 04:56:48PM +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Sadly, since root is immune to the poor-password checks, and since common
> sense is, um, well, not-so, "system compromised via incredibly poor password
> choice" is something I've seen more often than I'd like to.

The cure is not to disallow features, but use right passwords.

If I recall well poor passwords can be set by root, but there
is a warning (at least when set with passwd).

Not when during installation however, it used to be, back in the RH
x.x days, but it go removed for reasons I am not sure.

--
Pat