Re: [DEP-BLOAT] 'mkinitrd' ships 'nash' and requires lot of low-level stuff

> * chroot environments do not need this
> * when:
>   - a program ('nash' in this case) is used by other packages ('initscripts')
>     and
>   - this program does not require rest of the package (generate-initrd
>     functionality) and
>   - the rest of the package adds lot of dependencies (device-mapper,
>     dmraid, ...) which are not needed for the program
>   then it is a good packaging style to provide both parts in separate
>   subpackages.

I can see the point of nash being a separate (sub)package given your
initscripts snippet. I don't think that snippet makes sense in an initrd
anyway, and initscripts could be changed to only optionally require it I
suppose (which would make sense)