Re: [DEP-BLOAT] 'sendmail' requires 'cyrus-sasl'

Dnia 21-08-2006, pon o godzinie 11:03 -0400, Horst H. von Brand
napisał(a):
> Sorry, RPM can't handle "might be used for this configuration only" type of
> dependencies.
Yes, it can. On this list the method is called "subpackages". Even if a
program doesn't provide ways of configuring things or linking libraries
dynamically, it can be compiled in a number of ways and put in separate
packages. We do it for years, see glibc.

In case of Sendmail I don't think it's needed to provide smtpd without
smtp auth, it doesn't make much sense nowadays, as the author stated,
anyhow.

Lam