[DEP-BLOAT] what the hell is Kerberos?

I remember trying to make a Fedora router system which would fit onto
250 MB flash. I failed because of the dependency bloat that we're
talking about today. So now, I don't remember all of the not needed
packages (and some of them look fixed, for example, passwd required
cyrus-sasl back then), but I want to ask you, what is this Kerberos
thing? Look :)

$ rpm -qi krb5-libs
(...)
Kerberos is a network authentication system. The krb5-libs package
contains the shared libraries needed by Kerberos 5. If you are using
Kerberos, you need to install this package.

I don't need it (never heard of it, actually), so I don't need to
install it (according to the description), hooray, let's remove it (it's
1,2 MiB big!).

# yum remove krb5-libs
(...)
Remove     650 Package(s)
Is this ok [y/N]:

;)

It'd be hard to convince so many apps that the lib can be optional and
somehow dynamically loaded, so go on, call me a troll and don't feed me.
I admit that it's the description that made it funny for me, not the
dependency tree.

Lam