Re: [DEP-BLOAT] what the hell is Kerberos?

On Monday 21 August 2006 11:09, Leszek Matok wrote:
> I don't need it (never heard of it, actually), so I don't need to
> install it (according to the description), hooray, let's remove it (it's

kerberos is a means of securely transmitting password information  around a
network.   it is a core component in single signon.  in a nutshell it is very
useful in corporate/university environments.  Microsofts AD  is a mixture of
ldap and kerberos.  programs need to be linked to its libraries to work.

Dennis