Fwd: Mission Control

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Aug 22 07:13:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 00:30, "Arthur Pemberton" <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 11:53:53PM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > I was just taking a look at an article I came across on /. about Ark
> > > Linux, they seem to have an app which seems like a good idea called
> > > "Mission Control".
> > >
> > > http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2005668,00.asp
> > >
> > > What do you guys think about it, in reference to inclusion of someting
> > > similiar into Fedora?
> >
> > I'd rather see people put some effort in cleaning up gnome-control-panel.
> > Maybe something the Usability SIG can look into ?
>
> What about those of us who do not use gnome?

KDE's Control Center, kcontrol, is already much better than anything GNOME
has, IMNSHO.  ;-)  I'm sure you'll hear many different opinions with regard
to centralized configuration programs, but I don't imagine there would be
anything wrong with creating a simple front-end to tie the assorted
system-config-* tools together.  I believe some work has already been done to
that end, though I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.  If
somebody were to build such a thing, I'm sure many people would enjoy it.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/