list of compiz/aiglx compatible cards?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Aug 22 16:29:13 UTC 2006

Tim Lauridsen wrote :

> > We have a list here:
> >
> >   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx
> >
> > Nvidia cards are not going to work, the open driver does not support
> > 3d. [...]
>
> Very cool, it is working nicely on my IBM TP30 with this card.
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
> M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]
>
> I just installed compiz and detached the drirc to /etc and selected
> 'Preferences->More Preferences->Desktop Effect' and now it got wobbly
> Windows and Workspaces on a Cube.
> Very Nice Work.

Same here... I just enabled "Desktop Effects" on my Inspiron 8600
(Radeon 9600 Mobility, r300) and Latitude X1 (Intel i915 IIRC) and both
work perfectly. Only three minor annoyances I can see right now :
- No sticky windows, nor does gkrellm appear on more than one desktop
- The sloppy focus was disabled after the switch, I had to re-enable it
- It seems to not be possible to have more than 4 workspaces

I'll go looking for where to report these now, as I can't live with
"only" 4 workspaces anymore ;-) Not even if the tradeoff is to have
wobbly windows.

And of course, my new workstation will arrive in 2 days... with an
Nvidia card, rats! :-(

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.91 (FC6 Test2) - Linux kernel 2.6.17-1.2573.fc6
Load : 0.47 0.26 0.19