list of compiz/aiglx compatible cards?

dragoran dragoran at feuerpokemon.de
Tue Aug 22 16:58:16 UTC 2006

Chris Weyl wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Matthias Saou
> <thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>
> wrote:
>
>> And of course, my new workstation will arrive in 2 days... with an
>> Nvidia card, rats! :-(
>
> Which reminds me, do we have any idea when Nvidia/ATI plan on updating
> their drivers?

ati has two drivers that supports xorg-7.1 but no aiglx (gl_ext_tfp)
a nvidia developer has said in #nvidia (freenode) that a driver
supporting xorg-7.1 is finsihed and they are waiting on the web guys to
publish it. the aiglx capable drivers are still in development and only
nvidia knows when they will release them. 1 or 2 mounths from now seems
to be a good gues...
as for ati+aiglx: no idea :( but for cards r200/r300 there is a free
driver that works (but with some bugs) ;)