SSHd

Trond Eivind Glomsrød trondeg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 11:21:06 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Matthew Miller (mattdm at mattdm.org) said:
>
> > But really, it seems like the "can't get to a shell during/after an
> install"
> > can leave you stuck in a number of cases, not just this one....
>
> It's just that realistically, changing this would essentially mean
> "any headless machine will not be able to be logged into without kickstart
> machinations". I don't think that's an improvement.

Agreed. Remote login is very useful to finish an install - or if other
mechanisms that normally do work don't.

The problem, that some bots try and try and try again on the ssh root
account, would best be dealth with with a default configuration that blocks
an IP for some time if enough unsuccessful attempts are made.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Oslo, Norway