Re: Is it possible to dynamize "requires" at RPM build time?

Once upon a time, Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> said:
> On Wednesday 23 August 2006 11:06, Chris Adams wrote:
> > Not that I'm advocating it, but why?  rpmbuild is pretty much
> > independent of the RPM database except for querying build dependencies.
>
> The rpm database may not have been created with the same rpm you'd be using in
> the buildroot.  *BOOM*

Oohhh.

<goes and checks some personal spec files...>

Well, how would you suggest a build-time dependency be generated for
non-library stuff?  For example, I build a separate sendmail config RPM,
and I have it depend on the version of sendmail that the sendmail-cf
used during build it is built against (e.g. if sendmail-cf 8.12.7 is
used to build the config, sendmail-8.12.7 is required).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>