Re: Is it possible to dynamize "requires" at RPM build time?

Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> said:
On Wednesday 23 August 2006 11:06, Chris Adams wrote:
Not that I'm advocating it, but why?  rpmbuild is pretty much
independent of the RPM database except for querying build dependencies.
The rpm database may not have been created with the same rpm you'd be using in the buildroot. *BOOM*

Oohhh.

<goes and checks some personal spec files...>

Well, how would you suggest a build-time dependency be generated for
non-library stuff?  For example, I build a separate sendmail config RPM,
and I have it depend on the version of sendmail that the sendmail-cf
used during build it is built against (e.g. if sendmail-cf 8.12.7 is
used to build the config, sendmail-8.12.7 is required).

How about:

m4 /usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/version.m4 | \
	awk '/^DZ/ { print substr($1,3) }'

Paul.