Is it possible to dynamize "requires" at RPM build time?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 16:09:51 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 11:55, Matthew Miller wrote:
> In that case, the rpm database shouldn't be installed into the chroot,
> should it? At the very least, not at the standard location for the in-place
> rpm....

How else will the host system know what files are in the chroot? We making use
of rpms ability to manage an rpm db in another location.  Since the
buildroots are meant to be used to build a package and then thrown away,
having an rpm db in the standard location is not a problem, especially since
you don't want to be querying it during build.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora