compiz or metacity+composite

Émeric Maschino emeric.maschino at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Aug 24 07:42:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

> What are the differences between compiz and metacity? I would like to
> try the desktop bling on my box which has a radeon 9250. Metacity has a
> composite manager, can I just enable that or is compiz better?

I'm also a little lost. What really happens when you install compiz and
select the Desktop effects in the Advanced preferences? Is metacity
disabled? In this case, should the metacity package be uninstalled? On
the other hand, what's the difference with enabling the metacity
composite extension without installing compiz?

Cheers,

	Émeric