Compiz & gnome keyboard shortcuts (workspace related).

One minor thing I was wondering about, without desktop effects I had F1-F8 setup as keyboard shortcuts to switch to the associated workspace. This stops functioning after enabling compiz and I'm wondering if that's a short coming or just a setting I've yet to correctly enable?