Re: A sound or music when your desktop is starting?

Janina Sajka wrote:
> I should imagine making some sond file play as the last action of the
> desktop being loaded is not a difficult thing, but I haven't a clue
> where to put my aplay command. Advice on that would be most appreciated,
> e.g. what's the desktop equiv of /etc/rc.local?

On KDE that would be a script file in ~/.kde/Autostart. I think they're
executed in alphabetical order, but I'm not sure.

On GNOME there is something like "Startup Programs" in the control center
where you could put such a script too.

Aurélien
--
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard jabber fr
Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script