Re: kernel-headers or glibc-kernheaders

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:31:18 +0200
Erwin Rol <mailinglists erwinrol com> wrote:

> Trever L. Adams wrote:
> > No, we don't. Do a yum clean metadata and then try to reinstall. It
> > works fine for me on all machines where I did that as was mentioned
> > yesterday by one of the developers.
> >
> > Trever
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 17:02 -0400, Louis Garcia II wrote:
> >> updated today 08/25/06 and think we have a conflict with
> >> glibc-kernheaders obsoleting kernel-headers which is a new package.
>
> I have a ping pong between glibc-kernheaders and kernel-headers. When i
> do a yum update it installs kernel-headers and uninstalls
> glibc-kernheaders, if that is done an i run yum update again it installs
> glibc-kernheaders and uninstalls kernel-headers, and so on.

You need to do a 'yum clean metadata' *first*, then do a 'yum update', then
everything will work properly without a 'ping pong' effect. It was posted
yesterday in this message:

From: Dennis Gregorovic <dgregor redhat com>
To: Fedora-devel-list redhat com, Fedora-test-list redhat com
Subject: yum metadata cache cleaning needed for next development tree
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:51:30 -0400

A bunch of the packages in the FC development tree were resigned today.
You will want to run "yum clean metadata" before using tomorrow's push.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Dennis

--
The greatest productive force is human selfishness.
		-- Robert Heinlein