Re: kernel 2.6.17-1.2586.fc6-i686 loads usbstorage before sata harddisk are detected

AvdV> and this is a problem... why?

Well, one big problem is that the installer wants to install onto the
USB stick I booted the machine from instead of the hard disk.  But I'm
pretty sure that's the installer's bug.

In FC5 the installer takes care to load the USB storage driver after
all of the other drivers.  Even when using a driver disk on USB, the
driver is copied off, the USB driver unloaded, the new driver inserted
and the the USB driver reinserted.

 - J<