Re: FC6 and SUN Niagra

Mark Ryden wrote:
Hello,
As I understood, the linux kernel has added support to SUN niagra platform
in recent builds. (for example, in 2.6.16 linux kernel).

a news item on it. just for example:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2006/062106-linux-kernel-supports-niagra.html

As I understood, there was a trial by Dave Miller to boot niagra with
FC4 (or FC5)
but it caused a panic. However, ubuntu can run on Niagra.

So my question is:
does the FC6 testing 2 (which is based  on kernel-2.6.17 kernel)
support Niagra?
(I assume not, because in such a case this thing would get much publicity)

No. Nothing formally.

Is there any intention to support Niagra when FC6 (final release) will
be released ?

No. If the community is interested, it could start out as a second tier architecture.

Rahul