Re: FC6 and SUN Niagra

On Monday 28 August 2006 07:23, Mark Ryden wrote:

> So my question is:
> does the FC6 testing 2 (which is based  on kernel-2.6.17 kernel)
> support Niagra?
> (I assume not, because in such a case this thing would get much publicity)
> Is there any intention to support Niagra when FC6 (final release) will
> be released ?
> Regards,
> MR
Hi Mark,

there is a testing version of Aurora SPARC Linux  that runs on niagara
machines.  I have it on my T1000.  It is based on FC3  and we are well
underway towards building the FC6 bits and hopefully things will be in place
for spot to get anaconda in shape for SPARC this week.

When it is released it will have Extras as well as core available.

Regards

Dennis