bluetooth in default desktop install?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Aug 28 16:09:52 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote :

> On 8/28/06, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I see that gnome-bluetooth is now an optional package in the gnome
> > installer group, and things like nautilus-sendto-bluetooth isn't
> > included at all right now.
> >
> > I think a lot of machines (laptops) these days ship with Bluetooth
> > support though, and a lot of people have mobile phones with Bluetooth
> > support. Maybe we should install packages like this by default so that
> > you can send a file to your phone in an out of the box FC6 install.
> >
> > Opinions?
> >

> This would be for the fraction of laptop owners who use Gnone in
> Fedora and use bluetooth. Isn't that too small a fraction for a
> package to be installed by default?

Well, I use GNOME and bluetooth on the two laptops I use (especially to
connect to the Internet through GPRS), and also occasionally from
desktops where I simply plug in a bluetooth USB dongle which "just
works".

A definite +1 to have all this work out of the box.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.91 (FC6 Test2) - Linux kernel 2.6.17-1.2583.fc6
Load : 0.85 0.91 0.72