Re: bluetooth in default desktop install?

> On Monday 28 August 2006 12:30, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> > IMHO, a lot of users will assume it /can't/ work if it doesn't work out
> > of the box, before they figure out that they need to install the
> > packages...
>
> By this logic, we should do everything installs by default...

Heh... that's not how I meant my logic to work. I'm referring
specifically to auto-detecting hardware. Not too long ago, if I plugged
in my USB camera, for example, nothing would happen. Last night I was
thrilled that performing this action resulted in a pop-up that said
something like "Digital Camera Detected, would you like to import these
photos?". If that had not occurred, I would have assumed that this kind
of functionality still didn't exist for us in Fedora.

Having something like this work goes a long way towards swaying people
who assume that this kind of thing just doesn't work in linux. I would
not equate this kind of thing with installing every possible package by
default.

By the way, what HAPPENED to the everything install option!!!! :-)