bluetooth in default desktop install?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Aug 28 18:24:52 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> said:
> This would be for the fraction of laptop owners who use Gnone in
> Fedora and use bluetooth. Isn't that too small a fraction for a
> package to be installed by default?

Most other hardware support is included out-of-the-box.  Why should
Bluetooth be any different?  I don't have a scanner, an HP printer, any
computer supporting APM, etc., and they are all installed by default.  I
_do_ have a computer with Bluetooth (although my Bluetooth mouse still
doesn't work with rawhide).

Since most not-built-in Bluetooth interfaces are little USB dongles,
they are definately something that could show up at any time.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>