compiz problem - No window managment.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Tue Aug 29 06:09:33 UTC 2006

As I reported back on the 24th compiz was failing to perform any window
management, meaning all windows were on one workspace and had no borders
and could not be altered.   Matthias Saou correctly noted that this
would happen if DRI was not loaded which was exactly my problem.  With
the latest rawhide though the problem is back but there seems to be no
DRI problem in this instance..

(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so
(II) Module dri: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3

(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3
(==) AIGLX enabled
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) LoadModule: "record"
(II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/librecord.so
(II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org Server Extension
        ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 0.3

(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/lib64/dri/i915_dri.so
(II) GLX: Initialized DRI GL provider for screen 0

Anybody seen this issue with :

	compiz-0.0.13-0.19.20060817git.fc6
	xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.1-30.fc6

I am using the "intel" driver if that's any help.