Re: bluetooth in default desktop install?

On Monday 28 August 2006 22:56, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:

> You'll probably to write a 4 digit code in a file somewhere. It's probably

It's better to use a longer PIN, up to 128 bit are supported by bluetooth but
I guess most software/mobile phones only support 16 digits instead of 16
bytes. Iirc for the bluetooth gnome file receiver this is not needed.

> best that way. I've just installed bluetooth support and it looks enabled
> by default which I find surprizing for a network service (even if said
> network only has a 10m radius).

It may have up to 120m radius in the newer version.

Regards,
Till