New yum plugin to skip packages with dependencies problems.

Tim Lauridsen tla-ml at rasmil.dk
Tue Aug 29 09:48:40 UTC 2006

Hi
I have created a yum plugin there solves the problem with updates with
dependency problem there blocks from updating
your  system.

Installation:
copy depcheck.py to /usr/lib/yum-plugins/
copy depcheck.conf to /etc/yum/ /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/

Usage:
Then the plugin is installed, i add a new option : '--depcheck' to yum.
 Ex.
#yum --depcheck update

Then the option is used, then the plugin will check each update for
dependency problems, and remove the ones from the transaction there has
problems.

Try it out and let me know if there is any problems. I works i both yum
2.6.1 & 2.9.5.

Tim