Re: bluetooth in default desktop install?

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Denis Leroy wrote:

Alexander Larsson wrote:
I see that gnome-bluetooth is now an optional package in the gnome
installer group, and things like nautilus-sendto-bluetooth isn't
included at all right now.

I think a lot of machines (laptops) these days ship with Bluetooth
support though, and a lot of people have mobile phones with Bluetooth
support. Maybe we should install packages like this by default so that
you can send a file to your phone in an out of the box FC6 install.

Opinions?

We're dealing with 372 Kb of packages here, so I think this is definitely worth installing by default. I also have a bluetooth phone, so this is not just reserved to laptop users.

Another metoo - I have a bluetooth dongle on my desktop for transferring photos from phone to computer. Hardly an uncommon task these days, at least in this part of the world :)

	- Panu -