Re: compiz problem - No window managment.

On 8/30/06, Naoki <naoki valuecommerce com> wrote:
Howdy, indeed the only way I enable it is through the preferences
window. Your trick of remove/re-install has solved the issue for me
though thanks!

Now I just need to work out how the heck to get the function keys to act
as workspace switchers.

I added the following to ~/bin/start-compiz:
#!/bin/bash
gnome-window-decorator &  compiz --replace gconf &

and added '~/bin/start-compiz' to the 'startup programs' tab of
'System->Preferences->More Preferences->Sessions'

compiz with window decorations starts with the session, and 'ALT-CTL
{right,left}Arrow' switch windows.

tom
--
Tom London