compiz problem - No window managment.

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:18:43 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Naoki <naoki at valuecommerce.com> wrote:
> Howdy, indeed the only way I enable it is through the preferences
> window. Your trick of remove/re-install has solved the issue for me
> though thanks!
>
> Now I just need to work out how the heck to get the function keys to act
> as workspace switchers.

I added the following to ~/bin/start-compiz:
#!/bin/bash
gnome-window-decorator &  compiz --replace gconf &

and added '~/bin/start-compiz' to the 'startup programs' tab of
'System->Preferences->More Preferences->Sessions'

compiz with window decorations starts with the session, and 'ALT-CTL
{right,left}Arrow' switch windows.

tom
--
Tom London