Via VT8237A kernel support

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 30 15:13:39 UTC 2006

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> maybe you should post them on the lkml mailing list instead; that is
> much more active than the linux-ide list. Maybe CC linux-scsi as well
> since the sata stuff lives in drivers/scsi ...

I'd do that, but the driver source provides explicit instructions for
patch submittal.  I've heard nothing whatsoever from Mr. Garzik or
anyone else on the linux-ide list.  Furthermore, the first time I
submitted the patch, I indeed (and apparently erroneously) submitted it
to the linux-scsi list.  Again, no response.

[jcliburn at osprey ~]$ head -n 5 kernel-work/linux-2.6/Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 18
EXTRAVERSION = -rc4
NAME=Crazed Snow-Weasel

[jcliburn at osprey ~]$ head -n 8 \
kernel-work/linux-2.6/drivers/scsi/sata_via.c
/*
  *  sata_via.c - VIA Serial ATA controllers
  *
  *  Maintained by:  Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at pobox.com>
  *                 Please ALWAYS copy linux-ide at vger.kernel.org
                    on emails.
  *
  *  Copyright 2003-2004 Red Hat, Inc.  All rights reserved.