Re: Via VT8237A kernel support

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

maybe you should post them on the lkml mailing list instead; that is
much more active than the linux-ide list. Maybe CC linux-scsi as well
since the sata stuff lives in drivers/scsi ...

I'd do that, but the driver source provides explicit instructions for patch submittal. I've heard nothing whatsoever from Mr. Garzik or anyone else on the linux-ide list. Furthermore, the first time I submitted the patch, I indeed (and apparently erroneously) submitted it to the linux-scsi list. Again, no response.

[jcliburn osprey ~]$ head -n 5 kernel-work/linux-2.6/Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 18
EXTRAVERSION = -rc4
NAME=Crazed Snow-Weasel

[jcliburn osprey ~]$ head -n 8 \ kernel-work/linux-2.6/drivers/scsi/sata_via.c
/*
 *  sata_via.c - VIA Serial ATA controllers
 *
 *  Maintained by:  Jeff Garzik <jgarzik pobox com>
 *                 Please ALWAYS copy linux-ide vger kernel org
                   on emails.
 *
 *  Copyright 2003-2004 Red Hat, Inc.  All rights reserved.